Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Onward christian soldiers..

After five weeks of being parked in Pasadena we are movin' on to San Bernardino..bout forty-five miles east. Bro. & Sis. Stratton pastor in San Bernardino www.gatewaychristianfellowship.com
Is anybody enjoying this HOT weather? Yesterday, when we pulled into the church parking lot, the thermometer on my car read 109 degrees! I was afraid to let Lucky run around on the pavement because the pavement was so hot! I thought my jelly shoes were going to melt on my feet..lol - thank the Lord for two AC's! I blacked out most of the windows in my trailer to keep some of the heat out..call me a redneck if you want to :0) If you've ever lived in a fifth wheel you know their not well insulated..yes, I feel like I'm living in a cave - but it's a "cool" cave (meant literally).

5 comments:

The Daigles said...

haha... your jelly shoes were melting. It was actually a little bit cooler here today b/c it was overcast.

Music Eloquence said...

hey i tried to leave a comment but it said internet cannot access this page. If I'm repeating myself just delete the comment.

I do remember SB getting very hot. SB would host Bible Quizzing tournaments and it would be blazing hot down there. BTW, if Rachel (used to be Stratton) is still living there, please tell her hello for me.

Love you and miss you guys. Are you coming to ARC this year?

Salinas' said...

Jelly shoes?! Mandy & I were laughing just the other day when we walked into a Target store and the $1 barrel had a pair of neon green jelly shoes...I guess they have come full circle now!!

Michelle O said...

HI!! I did not know you had started a blog. It is so good to see your face, even if not in person.

I am so glad it is not that hot here in AL.

Hope to see you soon!!

Miss you,
Michelle O :)

Livin' with the North in the South said...

I started laughing when you said jelly shoes I had some of those when I was a little girl. That was along time ago,wow where did all the years go? Glad to here everything is going good we love and miss you guys.Hope to see you soon.